Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Final Word on Headphones?


Let’s hope. For a while, at least. As I said last week, Sunday’s Open Turntables would be the club test for my new Beyerdynamic DT770Pros. So, what is the final word? The word is: perfect. The DT770Pros are so light and comfortable, I wasn’t even a bit fatigued from wearing them for my 60 minute set. Isolation is as good as the In-Ears I’ve been using, which was my big attraction to IEMs, without the necessity of removing and reinserting when I want to monitor the club system. Yup, I am very pleased with my new cans. The Beyerdynamic DT770Pros have earned the coveted Kitchen Heat Stamp of Approval. Congratulations to all.

Having said that, I must admit that I was almost as impressed with Troy “Hellacopta” Morehouse’s new Sennheiser HD215s. They’re also circum-aural, isolate nicely, and sound fantastic! And they only cost $90!! The only downside is that they, like every other DJ headphone, are made of plastic.


I’m sticking with my DT770Pros, but if you’re a young jock starting out you could do a lot worse than buying HD215s.

1 comment:

Hellacopta said...

The HD215's work well as "Hellacopta" Phones :)