Thursday, July 02, 2009

A Space Age Success


Fantastic night at Element on Tuesday. It wasn't a huge crowd, but they were appreciative. My friend and colleague Mr. Ricardo was added at the last minute, making five (5!) DJs for just over four hours. I had a chance to play twice, at the beginning for around a half-hour and then again in the last hour. That last set was by far the best. I had a chance to really pull out all the stops and drop some bangers. My brief playlists are below for anybody who's interested.

Opening Set
Cassius - Feeling For You (Les Rhythmes Digitales-Dreamix)
Hatiras - Mannequins (Need Love Too) (Robodub)
Phillipe B - I Want You (Housy Mix)
Lost Vegas vs. Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Summer Funk Mix)
Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Frankie Knuckles Mix)
Future of Vision - Talk To Me

Peak Set
New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle (The Crystal Method CSII Mix)
Hi-Tack - Waiting 4 U (Original Mix)
Space Cowboy - I Would Die 4 U
Filterfunk - S.O.S. (Message In A Bottle) (Delano & Crockett Remix)
CJ Bolland - Sugar Is Sweeter (Armand's Drum 'n' Bass Mix)

No comments: