Friday, February 08, 2008

Bolivia in Saint John


I wasn't able to make it out to A Khord for Ultrasound Collective DJs Soundsyster and Flyzzard, but I was able to drop in last night for local nudger Nexus6ix and scene veteran DJ Bolivia.

Arguably the most internationally known DJ from Atlantic Canada, Bolivia has been spinning records for almost 15 years. Even though started playing the university bar at little ole Mount Allison, he's built himself quite a reputation and now plays all over the globe.

Bolivia turned in a solid set of progressive, tribal house; his signature style. Ordinarily, not my cup of tea, but I must admit he made it sound fantastic. In fact, if you go to his website it might even be there for download.

I had to leave shortly after Fred (Nexus6ix) went on, so I didn't get to hear him play. However, he has a new demo available here loaded with honest-to-god classics.

No comments: